3XV Cup Semi Final in 77 points:
1. Only 19 Senior Players available due to the Easter Holidays starting
2. Gus Pollard agreeing to play, only to find out all his old mates are playing too!
3. Vice Captain Kinsey on holiday for the semi final but arriving back in time for the final.
4. Being given a glass of Champagne whilst waiting for Gordon to arrive for a lift at HQ.
5. Almost the entire Chiltern team turning up before the home team.
6. Bowcock wearing flip flops
7. Matt Neill wearing his Bucks rugby top again
8. Some Players wearing number 1s to the match
9. Matt Neill bringing an extra set of water bottles
10. Some players not wearing sun glasses
11. The Referee taking our photo before the game
12. The Referee being called Darren Smith and trying to remember which game he has refereed for us before.
13. Turkish asking 3 times if the toss has been done
14. Running out ready for kick off and being told by the ref you’ve got 7 minutes!
15. Winning the Toss
16. Mr Allen and Mr Donnebaum supporting.
17. Mr Greenstreet running the line, he always has to keep busy!
18. Kilbey using up our 1 'talk back to the ref’ warning within 5 minutes of play starting.
19. 100% return in the lineout, but we almost lost one.
20. 100% return in the scrum, but we almost lost one.
21. One against the head from Bowcock
22. Foot up penalty from Bowcock, that’s 2 games in a row.
23. Rhino lineout ball going to Sitzy not Kilbey but still working
24. Sitzy being the first person to ask the ref for a water break
25. Anthony Smith beating 2 on the outside to score in the corner
26. The Turkey crash ball in the centres
27. So many great offloads
28. Neil AVES’ comeback continues with a try saving tackle and an assist
29. Donnebaum taking 3 different knees to the same eye in the space of about 10 minutes and getting up each time like he was in Rocky 3
30. One of the longest touch finds I’ve seen this season from Sitzy
31. Jamie Gordon getting a job in Hong Kong and scoring 2 tries
32. The Kilbey shoulder injury
33. When Kilbey went off injured and Turkish was moved to blindside, Matt Neill commented to Verulamians at the next scrum that 'We've just added 4 stone to our scrum'.
34. The Gazzard knee injury
35. The Sitzy calf injury, which is actually football related.
36. When Sitzy went off, watching the rest of the backs carving up the positions between themselves before Sitzy walks back on again to tell them the positions they are actually playing not the ones they fancy!
37. Chiltern front row taking a rest in a scrum in the second half only for the opposition to claim it as a sign of their scrum improving.
38. Ela keeping the players watered throughout the game wearing a Chiltern top this week not the Stags hoodie. Thanks Ela
39. Ben Dugdale getting man of the match in the previous round and scoring 3 tries and 4 conversions in this one.
40. The forward pass where the whole team went Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah
41. They scored 3 good tries
42. Letting them have an extra sub.
43. There were hardly any rucks.
44. Donnebaum over-taking Kilbey in top try scorer stats
45. Matt Neill slapping his arse when he wanted to be lifted in the lineout
46. That Lineout catch and drive try
47. That Scrum pushover try
48. Their full back knocking-on in the try zone which resulted in a 5 metre scrum and that pushover try.
49. Gus Pollard's impact off the bench
50. All those long passes from the young guns
51. Ryan Greenstreet putting up some bombs
52. Ben Dugdale blaming the tee for a missed conversion
53. Wycombe lineout ball not getting a look in, mainly because Sam doesn’t like it and we don't need it.
54. Tom Hill when he is in full beast mode
55. Turkish almost pulling off a Kiwi grab
56. Trying to cheer the referee up by playing good quality Rugby
57. The referee blowing the whistle early.
58. Tom Hill getting Man of the Match
59. Mr Pollard’s only two words to me after the game ‘too easy’
60. Donnebaum over-hearing the Verulamians team bollocking after the game
61. D.Smith, Allen and Sitzberger not enjoying the tops off photo.
62. Whoever was on Fosters duty only bringing a 16 pack
63. No problems with the music playlist this week
64. Showers being variously compared to the set of Stars in your Eyes and a Car Wash
65. Gazzard leaving something in the dressing room
66. Donnebaum last out of the changing rooms
67. Leaving one of the balls behind
68. Ollie Choules leaving a Big Andy handshake 'hanging’ in the changing room.
69. Not everyone wearing number 1s after the game.
70. Verulamians captain wishing us luck in the final against Hackney who are their version of Cuffley.
71. Big Andy announcing next season will be his last before hanging up his boots.
72. Donnebaum buying everyone in the bar a drink after winning on the Grand National
73. The referee saying he was refereeing on Finals day but doesn’t know if he has got our match yet.
74. Ben Dugdale not being available for the final because he is on a Rugby Tour and living the dream.
75. Getting back to see how pissed the remnants of the President’s Luncheon were!
76. Everyone who got a sunburnt face.
77. Everyone who went to Revs
Match Report Words – Doug Smith
Match Photos – Sarah Hammond