116 intrepid A&C tourists made their different ways to Arnhem…
• a coach of 60 senior players and vets, including Truffles in his pyjamas, left the clubhouse at dawn
• a coach of 45 Under 15 players and parents in another coach left later at noon
• our esteemed Chairman Bobbett by plane/train to Amsterdam/Arnhem
• the golfers by car via Harwich/Hook of Holland ferry
• Choules senior and wife already on euro holiday
• four mad cyclists with their trusty van support driven by Chris McCombie
• everyone’s favourite German hooker Ulrich astride his monster BMW bike from Wiesbaden
• and our President Peter Osborne who was with us in spirit the whole weekend, despite being physically trapped in New York.
In fact, the only means of transport we didn’t try was by parachute.
During the epic 12 hour coach journey, spirits were extremely high and were replenished regularly at service stations. Our wonderful driver “Edgy”…
…oh, but I’ve just been reminded “What goes on tour, stays on tour”.
Sorry. YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE!!!
Great, great tour.