We are very please to confirm the invitation and arrangements for the Good Friday Block Fixture between the Junior County Sides of Buckinghamshire and Middlesex. As we all know the fixture falls outside the official RFU Calendar, this has several advantages:
- it’s a Bank Holiday: both Mum & Dad are able to support the players ( we often find that the Grandparents and whole family come along )
- some players may be away – which provides the opportunity to reward those players who may not have had game time in other fixtures
- there should be no school or club weekend over the Easter weekend so we have found strong support from those players who are not away
With those advantages we have created a traditional rugby event, focused on participation for all selected players - "rock up and play" every one guaranteed game time. Games will be staggered across two pitches with lots going on - played on grass at a local grassroots club - warm club house with coffee/tea/breakfast and lunch available.
The ClubHouse and changing rooms will be open from 9.00 am and our proposed schedule is:
- U15 KO at 10.30 Pitch One / First Team Pitch - Changing Rooms open from 9.00
- U16 KO at 11.00 Pitch Two / Second Team Pitch – Changing Rooms open from 09.30
- U 17 KO at 12.00/12.15 Pitch One / First Team Pitch – Changing Rooms open from 10.00
We have our Physio Team and Country Refs arranged and look forward to a block of three terrific matches.
Amersham & Chiltern RFC
Ash Grove, Weedon Lane